NetVision Access Rights Inspector
NetVision Access Rights Inspector enables
flexible reporting of file system
Effective Rights on File System & Directory Objects
Access Rights Inspector calculates permissions across file system and directory objects to provide effective rights reports. This essentially answers the question Who has access to what?
Directory and File System rights are complicated to capture. Actual permissions are often granted or denied based on a combination of explicitly assigned rights, group memberships, inherited rights, network share permissions, object ownership, denied permissions, and more.
NetVision's Access Rights Inspector provides detailed answers on access rights across Active Directory and Windows file system environments. Reports can then be scheduled and emailed to business managers and auditors.
Access Rights Inspector provides complete answers on user access rights for both the Windows File System and Active Directory. It provides reports on where rights have been explicitly assigned and also analyzes all rights assignments to give you the calculated result of all contributing access rights, including nested groups, inherited rights, object ownership, and share permissions.
- Effective Rights: Reports on calculated rights accounting for group memberships, inheritance, direct assignments, and other factors.
- Explicit Rights: Reports on explicit permission assignments.
- Direct User Assignments: Reports on instances where a user account has been granted access directly to a resource.
- Deny Entries: Reports on instances of explicitly denied permissions.
- Group Memberships: Reports on group membership assignments.
- Saved Reports: Users can save reports for future use based on the selected set of users/groups, resources, and permissions.
- Report Creation Wizard: New reports can be generated with the help of a wizard that walks users through a series of steps to define report parameters.
- Report Format Options: Report results can be displayed in traditional Table format where columns represent sortable fields of information or Tree View format which displays a collapsable tree that can be manually explored.
- Report Point-of-View Options: Reports can be created based on either a User-Centric View (which displays permissions per user) or a Resource-Centric View (which displays permissions per resource).
- Scheduled Exports: Reports can be exported in multiple formats and scheduled for export and/or email. Email business managers with who has what rights to their sensitive content.
- Flexible and Powerful: Report Types and flexible filtering criteria enable a single, highly flexible and powerful solution that allow easy reporting that meets the specific individual needs of any organization.
Access Rights Inspector is not currently available for Novell platforms. NetVision's NVAssess provides in-depth reporting on access rights within eDirectory, NetWare and OES Lunix NSS.
To get a complete picture of NetVision's capabilities and ownership options, please sign up for a Free product demonstration >>